January 12, 2011

Alice's Advice

Posted by Megzy at 1/12/2011
Don't know what my mood is today, but maybe you can figure it out :)

So, I came to realize I was trying to shut out many parts of my life. I have been hurt time and time again, so an easy solution was to try and make it dissapper. The only problem with that was, I was also shutting out the good parts/memories as well. I had some little small puff of an epiphany today and I realized I'm only hurting myself by shutting certain times, people, and things out. I may not be close with certain people, but that doesn't mean I have to erase them altogether. There may be others who don't want to hear about my awesome stories and adventures of growing up, but that doesn't mean other people might not want to hear!

I am one of those people that it takes a couple of times to get things into my head. It's like...this stuff should make common sense...I've probably even given advice about this to a good friend! But I'm like Alice in Wonderland - I very seldom take my own advice.

I give myself very good advice,
But I very seldom follow it,
That explains the trouble that I'm always in,
Be patient, is very good advice,
But the waiting makes me curious,
And I'd love the change,
Should something strange begin,
Well I went along my merry way,
And I never stopped to reason,
I should have know there'd be a price to pay,
Someday...someday,
I give myself very good advice,
But I very seldom follow it,
Will I ever learn to do the things I should?
Will I ever learn to do the things I should?


Yes, indeedy-do, that is me to a "T"! Anywho, it may seem like I delete and add people on facebook as often as I change my underpants, but it's only because I'm trying to figure things out. I'm trying to figure out where I belong. I'm trying to figure out whom to call friend. I'm trying to figure out why my moods change like the colors of the rainbow :) So, please don't be upset with me if you're one of the people I add and delete. Obviously, I still want you in my life...just be patient with me and I'll come around sooner or later!

0 comments:

 

Megzys Moods Copyright © 2008 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei